I Can Just Be Me

I just recently heard this song and I fell in love with it! The world constantly tells me I need to be something I'm not. That I need to have a perfect complexion. Have perfect hair. Own the latest style of clothes. Act a certain way. Say certain things. Be up to date in the latest gossip. Be popular. Watch the TV shows that everyone rave about.  Do what the world does. Then I heard this song, and it was a wonderful reminder that my identity needs to be found in Christ. I can chase after this or that. Try and be someone I'm not. But at the end of the day, God is the only one who matters. He is forever. 
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." Isaiah 40:8
"As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and it's place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness to their children's children - with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts. The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. Praise the LORD you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. Praise the LORD , all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. Praise the LORD all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the LORD my soul." Psalm 103:13-22  
The fact that Jesus came down to earth and died for me. Died for you. Took the punishment for all of our sins upon himself, so that if we repent of our sins, turn from our ways and follow him, we are called children of God! The fact that he did that, should take away any doubt in our minds that we aren't worth anything. Yes, we are helpless, hopeless, sinful human beings and we don't deserve a thing from God. But he loves us so much that he died for us. Wow. Forget what the world says... Christ paid it all! Through Christ we a more than conquerors.
My thoughts just keep going and going, but if I don't stop somewhere I'll go on forever. (well, maybe not forever) But this seems like a good place to stop. :)




Comments

  1. Hi Maria! This is really good! It's definitely a message that should be thought about more often since our culture is constantly telling us the exact opposite. Thanks for the insight! Oh and btw, good game on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love

Losing What You Assume