Matthew 13



Proverbs 21:2 "Every was of a man is right in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the heart."
Only you and God know your motives, your heart. What you are really thinking. You can look like a good person, do good things, be a kind person. But you know the saying "you can't judge a book by it's cover". I know I really need to examine my heart. I can do the dishes because I have to and have a stinking attitude about it. Or I can be glad that we even have food to put on our dishes, and even be thankful for the pile of dishes! And it doesn't only apply to chores! It can be what you do around other people, what you say. I mean, it applies to a million things. Examine your heart. Why are you doing what you do? Saying what you say? Is what you are doing honoring God? Or are you trying to impress man?

Proverbs 21:23 "He who keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble."
This is a hard one! I like to talk. Many times I say things I didn't mean to say. Or shouldn't have said and I regret a lot of things that have come out of my mouth. I think a lot of times we truly don't understand how powerful our words are and the effect they can have on other people.

Now Matthew 13:44-46 "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field."Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it."
You've probably heard this questions a dozen times and are tired of it. But what is the Kingdom of Heaven worth to you? Is it just that puzzle piece you add to your life to make it "complete"? Is Jesus just your ticket to heaven? Or are you willing to give up everything for Christ? The kingdom is of such value, that nothing we have is worth keeping to obtain it. Not just possessions. You have to give up who you are. Your identity. So that you can find your real identity in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things have become new. Then I was thinking of  Matthew 4:18-22, 8:19-22. Genesis 12:1- If God called me to. Would I be willing to leave my family. My home. All my "stuff" and follow Christ wherever He leads me? "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot. Matthew16:24-27.
This doesn't really have anything to do with what I just said. But I heard this song on the radio and the part about "the God of angel armies is always by my side" it just really strengthens me to think of Jesus watching me, with a whole army of angels. Saying I have everything in control! You have nothing to fear!






Then before lunch I was folding some clothes, and I was listening to Vicky Beeching. (LOVE her music) She is a Christian. During lunch her songs were running through my head. It really struck me the effect music can have on us! I challenge you to listen to Christian music as much as you can! It will really lighten your mood, and put you in the right place. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Can Just Be Me

Love

Hymns